View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: \"Phil\" at the Wynn...

Sounds EXACTLY like the Phil who got 86'ed from the Orleans poker room (a hard thing to do) and then was on a short leash at the Suncoast poker room (close to getting 86ed).

Goes by the nickname Phil "Ivey". Can angle shoot and prop bet like ringing a bell.

Almost always wears sports clothing and a backwards baseball cap.

Once at Suncoast, he propped bet who was more white (skin pale) between him and another player. He rolls up his pant leg and his leg is shaved and looks like a frozen turkey!
Th whole table votes that he wins the bet in a slam dunk.

One time at Suncoast....

The floor was called over to Phil's table for some angle shoot situation. Phil's standing up ranting and raving (Phil is LOUD).

I am at a table next to Phil's. As he's yelling at the floor guy, I notice that one of his shoes has fallen off. I sneak over and take his shoe without anyone the wiser.

I get back to my table and say (To my table), "I've got Phil's shoe". The dealer and entire table just crack up.

Mean while Phil is going ape at his table over the floor ruling. Then it happens. Phil looks down and starts looking for his shoe.

He's looking, looking, looking ....then someone says, "what are you looking for?"

"Someone stole my shoe?"

"We got us a shoe thief"

"Someone playing GAMES, Man"

Then Phil says to the Floor....

"We got us a shoe thief, ROLL back the tape".

Floor: Now Phil, Don't you think you would of felt it, if someone stole your shoe?

Phil: You think I walked in here with one shoe on?!!!

"All I know is I walked in here with 2 shoes and I'm walking out of here with 2 shoes!"

"Roll the tape back"

Lucky for me about 20 minutes later, Phil was involved in another "call the floor situation". As all hell is breaking loose at his table, I figure this is as good a time as any to sneak back over there and put the shoe back under his foot. Somehow I pull it off without Phil seeing me.

When he finds it right by his foot (a bit later) the whole room has a little chuckle.

Later when he cashed out, I went up and told him it was me and that in retrospect, perhaps I should not have done it. He said we were cool.

Best Wishes

Howard