View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Anyone else made enemies in local cards rooms?

Not long ago at the $40/$80 game at the Borgata, I played with a guy who was running very poorly and cursing and bitching about every single hand. I know that I just described half of the poker world, but this guy took bitching and complaining to a whole new level.

I got involved in a hand with him where I limped ahead of him after about 5 callers with a suited connector, he raised with AQ, and we all called. He flopped top pair but I flopped bottom pair and outdrew him on the river. The following exchange then ensued:

Tilter: Do you want to step outside, you [censored]?
Me: Excuse me?
Tilter: I said do you want to step outside, you [censored] lucky dick head?
Me: Right. I'd clean your clock, buddy. 40 more pounds and 15 fewer years to my advantage.
Dealer: All right guys, settle down.
Tilter: [censored] you! Let's step outside.
Dealer: FLOOR!

Floor: What's the problem?
Dealer: Seat 5 is making threats against Seat 4.
Tilter: I didn't threaten him!
Me: Um, I don't consider anything about you to be threatening, but isn't asking me to "step outside" a verbal threat?
Tilter. No, I was only OFFERING to walk outside with you and discuss this. I don't want to fight.

Floor bursts out laughing. Dealer bursts out laughing. Table tells the idiot to stuff it. Tilter keeps getting redder and redder in the face, and then proceeds to dust off another buyin.

It was easily the most ridiculous conversation I've ever had at a poker table.