Thread: Nit Poll
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Nit Poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, so here's the deal...

I always put my cans un upside down. It's something I got from my parents, with what I consider a good reason. Everyone I've ever lived with always thinks I'm crazy and asks why I put them upside down. I just tell them to think about it, hoping someone would understand why.

Last night, I took a package of steaks out of the freezer to thaw out. Today, before going food shopping, I put the steaks in the fridge and I was putting my remaining soda in when my current roomie asked me for the first time why I did it. I gave him my standard response, he never came up with a good reason, so I went out food shopping.

For some reason, my roomie decided to go into the fridge and turn all my soda cans right side up. When I get home from food shopping, I find that my package of steaks has started to leak and that bloody mess has now gone all over the top of my soda cans. I grab my roomie and ask him what would have happened had he left my cans upside down like they were. He saw the light... I wouldn't have bloody ooze all over the top of my soda cans that took 20 minutes to clean off. Even after cleaning them, they still smell when drinking from them.

But apparently, I'm the nit for putting them in upside down.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you're an idiot for putting frozen steaks in the fridge above other foodstuffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Meat goes on the bottom shelf to prevent contamination of other food.