View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Results and thoughts...

[ QUOTE ]
theres absolutely no way this can be a good fold.

he can A4 here so easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually compelling (and the only hand anyone has offered). I absolutely believe he can have A4 on the flop. However can he have this on the turn with the pot sized bet? I know certain villains who are loose enough to make this call. From 5 or so hours of play, I actually don't think he's loose enough to make this call, and there was a timing tell (he called way too quickly with this kind of a marginal hand) that made 46 and very, very likely of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s, an overwhelming candidate.

Anyhow, am I sure about the fold? No. Am I happy about the fold? Not really. Do I take the fold lightly? Absolutely not. Why else would I post it? I knew I was going to get flamed by my decision, and that’s ok. I tried to present a sound argument: villain almost certainly holds a 4. If he does, what are the possible cards that accompany that? I made a strong read and went with it. If I folded a chopped pot, so be it. However, I must say that I’m disappointed by the lack of 2nd level thinking by posters (i.e. trying to actually read villain’s hand). All too often I see people play their own hands without regards to getting into the mind of their opponents.

All anyone had to say was, he would have A4 or a slow-played 42, and it becomes a much better argument for calling the river despite my read.

I guess it’s partly my fault. I should have been more explicit in the OP: What hand(s) do you put villain on and what would you do?

I think I’ll let this issue die.

Thanks,

Garland