View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: 2007 Foxwoods WPF Thread/Roll Call/Information

[ QUOTE ]

1. Are there 1 table satellites for smaller events (3k 5k etc.)?

[/ QUOTE ]

as already said, no, but you can play SnGs for seats into the main event, and when you have already won your first seat you get 5k cash, 5k tournament entry fees, which is as good as a sat for the others

[ QUOTE ]

2. Are there food comps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, as said the wampum card (card you must have to register for tourneys) collects points base don how much you play and yo ucan redeem points for food.

[ QUOTE ]
3. What are the best cheap places to stay (not necessarily at FW but near)?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends what you mean by best. Bellisimo Grande is the current recommended alternative, a little cheaper than Foxwoods hotels. Hilltop is right next to BG, but no cheaper than BG and kind of crappy (in comparison to BG). There are LOTS of lodges/B&Bs around the area. That may not sound like ideal for a poker trip, but really you won't spend much time in your room anyway and they are all cheaper than the hotels.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Wait times for the lowest limit limit games (my dad will be there part of the time)? Do they spread 2-4 limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

As already said, can be bad when busy.

[ QUOTE ]
5. I've been to FW but not in a few years, and never for a tourney, any major tourney rule differences vs LV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never been to Vegas, but a new tourney rule is you cannot touch or look at an electronic device (cell phone, music player) while in a hand, or your hand is automatically declared dead. Also, I think they are trying to enforce a relatively old rule that you aren't suppose to talk to other players in a hand at all, unless there are only two left in the tourney (but people still do it all the time)

[ QUOTE ]
6. Good ethnic restaurants (especially Indian) around?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, hope you aren't coming to Foxwoods for the ethnic cuisine. Someone mentioned a couple of places in Westerly, probably your best bet, although I don't really know outside area. Is Dunkin' Donuts considered ethnic?