View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Austin Scott charged with rape, sexual assault

[ QUOTE ]
This is just a bad post. You're attributing a large degree of rationality to a completely irrational action. Rape is absolutely not about sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not looking at it from the point of view of "why Austin Scott raped a girl." I'm looking at it from the POV of "why Austin Scott is probably innocent."

Athletes get charged with rape all the time. From Kobe to the Duke lacrosse players to the FSU player a couple years ago before the Orange Bowl. It's common.

Why? Because girls like sleeping with athletes. Especially drunk college girls. Then they wake up, realize what they've done, and cry rape because they feel all dirty. If the athlete is a professional, they could be looking for some monetary gain as well (by settling out of court).

I'm not saying ALL girls that cry rape against athletes are doing it because of these reasons, and I'm not saying that ALL athletes charged with rape are innocent. But there is a long history of athletes falsely being accused of rape in a situation where it was completely consensual.