View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 05:12 AM

Default Re: 50nl - To bet, or not to bet

I've been playing around with Holdem Ranger and it's taking me awhile to construct a realistic-looking super-loose turn range for villain, but consider this result:

5d4d versus {random hand} on a 4c 8s 7s Kc turn is a 54% favorite! That's if villain shows up on the turn and calls our value bet with any two cards! So I'm beginning to debate the worth of betting this turn if we have virtually no FE, because villain's turn range needs to be HUGE for us to still be favorites when we're called on the turn here. I think that we have to discount passively played monsters (sets, big overpairs) from his turn *calling* range, give him a ton of flush draws, straight draws, and even naked overcard draws in order for our equity to rise above the 50% line. Or we need him to fold a few hands that might not like this board but are still ahead of our pair of fours (55, 66, some 7x, some high 4x.)

So ... unless I'm mis-using my range calculator, I think a turn bet isn't looking so good anymore versus this guy. I guess if we had middle pair it would become more conceivably +EV.