View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Winning Player Losing Badly and Needs Advice

i'm not trying to be rude or anything, but going by your posts in the party regs thread and some hands you posted i always thought you seemed to have leaks and to be overly affected by bad beats and downswings in general.

i also remember you saying you only played a few tables a few times a week, if this is the case normal variance is going to seem a lot more intense as you are experiencing it in relatively slow motion, and you know it's going to take a while to win back the money you lose so it feels worse.

so my advice is to get coaching to improve your game, and also to play more hands if you are going to take poker seriously. it's pretty common that people who are affected the most by downswinging are those who log the least hands, whereas grinders can mostly play their way out of it and thus losing 10 buyins or whatever doesn't matter so much as it's just a couple of days work.

of course not everyone has the time/fortitude to be a grinder, but if you are constantly reading 2+2 and filling your thoughts with information about other people winning but then not playing much at all yourself, when variance hits you hard it is going to sting.