View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 04:26 AM

Default Re: lead or c/r riv?

I've been thinking alot about the types of situations where a river check raise for value is the best line. What kinds of river cards combined with previous action etc. I think thats an area of my game I can significantly improve, I'm a tourney donk so I'm not often that deep. I would actually like to see a large discussion on that and if someone could point me that direction I'd appreciate it.

That being said, I don't think this is the type of river you check raise. There isn't a missed flush draw, and he doesn't seem good enough to value bet a J with that scary 9 out there. His most likely holding is small-midpair in my opinion (although I have a hard time analyzing the play of anyone who minraises open limpers) and he checks that behind 100 percent. If he's the type to bluff the river with a missed draw he's also probably the type to bluff the turn with QT, 78 etc.

Lead here and hope to get looked up by the numerous hands (22-88, TT, Jx) that call but dont value bet rather than check raise his very few total air hands. There is also the possibility of him having a better 9. What hands exactly do you expect him to bet call c/r here?