View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: \"The Prestige\" wtf? (spoilers)

loved this movie. one thing. Does anyone else think that maybe the first time Jackman uses the cloning machine, the original guy is the one who gets killed? My reasoning being that he finds it very important to be present in front of the audience at the prestige part of the trick. When he performs it, the part of the machine with sparks and all is on stage, while the closet thing is up in the balcony. He would want to be the one on the balcony, so why would he choose to be the one to fall through the trap door?

Also, the first time he is cloned, it felt to me like the one with the gun was more confused about what just happened or something.

i could be wrong, but interesting point either way. If it is not this way, and the original remains in the sparky part of the machine, its still a relevant point of interest because it means that the original guy willingly sacrificed his own life for the trick. like the first time he would have had to set it up knowing that he was going to die and that his clone would complete the trick.