View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

I personally would love to see a set of steps (it can be for cash or something seperate than this tournament), where the only way to enter is through step 1 and everyone has to win their way up. I doubt it would ever happen though as the site would miss out on too much money that would buy in at a higher step, but I think if they ran them as a seperate set of steps (such as that paid cash payouts at the end) it could work, and they would generate a very loyal following.

i don't think limiting the buy in to only step 4 or below would do much. It would help some, but the people would buy in directly to step 6 would just multi-table the the 4's all day to generate tickets, making it that much harder just to get past step 4.

I love the idea of having either a set of steps or seperate satellites that are dedicatee only to people who have not yet won a seat. This is in fact how I won a seat to aruba at UB. However, it can't be the only way to win a seat -- you have to give repeat winners a chance to win extra seats too. I'd say make half your steps/satelllites for repeat winniers, and limit the other half to non-winners. This has multiple benefits. Your PCA tournament will get more entries, and your field will be softer with all the donks that got in from the first-time winners tournaments. Also, there will still be plenty of chances to win additional seats with the other tournaments that will still be going around the clock (and filling almost as fast, with winners and non-winners alike -- even the donks who won a seat will try to win another -- and people who have not qualified will play in both). Also, the tournaments that are limited to non-winners will get more entries as you will convince more people to give those that might otherwise be scared away completely.