View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: 500NL LIVE: KK UTG+1

Thanks, I appreciate the note.

[ QUOTE ]

I seriously was trying to get a feel for the type of players that were in your regular game that makes your line(s) profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the time being, let's set this particular KK line aside. The table has to be juuuusssst right, I think, to execute it. You seem to think the table is never just right. Frankly, for most online tables, I think that is the correct judgment. So, FTP, NL50 to FTPwhatever, this line isn't so good. Done.

Limp reraising UTG with a wider range than KK+, though, is probably profitable in any game that reads limp/reraise as only KK+. That was my point with that particular quote.

Now, I don't mean to imply that I limp/reraise any 2 UTG, but I do open up my range a bit when the table will allow. I don't know that this is particularly controversial. Is it? You really do beat up on the nitty set miners and you don't pay them off when the hit their sets because you're sitting there with an unmade hand. Limp/reraising a wider range is highly exploitative. Limp/reraising with 2 wide a range and to frequently gets you playing big pots oop with bad hands. Not so good either. I'm with you there 100%.

Really, any time you present a hand that gets a large consensus of the "right" line, there is almost always an exploitative strategy. That really isn't so novel a concept, I don't think. I would bet that not enough people explore that kind of line in their game and are losing value. Just like many people don't play enough hands on the button. Many people don't 3-bet a wide enough range in the SB. Many people don't incorporate enough big turn bluffs. Pick your poison. Does this seem more reasonable?