View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: 500NL LIVE: KK UTG+1

[ QUOTE ]
And for all you haters that think limp/rr means KK+, open it up baby. There's money to be made off of people, well, just like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is to make MP1 and buttons make mistakes. Fundamental Theorem of Poker.

By playing the hand this way, we are actually fooling MP1 and button into playing correctly.

That's why I've been calling it fancy play syndrome.

Against the vast majority of FRNL players, a limp/re-raise or a 3-bet is a very, very narrow range.

So MP1 and button will put us on a very narrow range and they will set mine against us.

Your big gotcha! is that we're going to be that rare player who ALSO limp/re-raises 78s.

Fine. Except in this particular case, we have more information than MP1 and button.

We know we have KK and we know that we will stack off on most flops.

So we know, in advance, that it is actually correct for MP1 and button to set mine against us in this hand.

So why are we contriving a situation where we are manipulating our opponents into playing correctly against us?

Particularly when if we re-raised enough to actually take away their odds to call we would be solving all our problems and actually getting back to forcing them to make mistakes.

Is it really profitable to sacrifice our stack in this hand in order to disguise when we limp/small re-raise with 78s?