View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Jesse Boulerice suspended 25 games

[/ QUOTE ] His first offense occured in the OHL 10 years ago. Since then I'm not sure Boulerice has been suspended.

So, you never know how long it will take.

Fact is, a lifetime ban is simply unenforcable and counter-productive. Sometimes guys snap and do things they would never otherwise do - it's unfortunate, but it happens. The longest ban, barring a Happy Gilmore-taking-my-skate-off-and-stabbing-someone-with-it, will probably be a season, and that's if a Boulerice-like incident results in serious injury.

[/ QUOTE ]

The repeat offender policy is horrible IMO that you can't use incidents from non NHL/AHL games causes problems. Boulerice is now the culprit in 2 of the most vicious stick incidents in the history of pro hockey but they can't use his baseball swing from 9 years ago against him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aNG4uOpwUI

Obviously he's done in the NHL he made it on as an enforcer as a walk-on and he probably will not get any NHL offers but still something needs to be done to improve the system to because in the long run I think 25 games in a 82 game season is nothing for what Simon and Boulerice did. If Ricky Williams gets a year for smoking pot but these guys get 1/3 of a year there's something wrong.