View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: $25NL Nut flush draw vs action

DrJeckyl

44 hand: Hugely easy checkfold flop. You might be winning, but your hand will not improve and can't take the pressure that will be laid on it. It's impossible for you to be a huge fave against him and easy to be a massive underdog. This is a situation where you just have to recognise you are out of position and can't fight him.

AK hand: Reraise allin on flop, board is too drawish to mess around.

KK hand: Looks fine. I imagine you got beaten by a ten, but there's not a lot you can do. Versus an aggressive player I might checkraise allin on the turn (or check call the river) instead.

Jbrochu

JJ hand: Definitely value bet the river. I like your line, it's very standard for me in this spot. I would reraise pf versus some opponents though.

A7dd hand: You should check fold the turn. You have a non-improving hand and you aren't winning enough to call both this bet and the river bet, which they'll make whether they're bluffing or not. My experience is that with a hand like QJ, people will mostly check behind on the turn. Sometimes you'll be folding to a hand like that, but not as often as they'll have something like AT or (worse still) AJ. Or they'll have T9s and you'll either hit your 7 on the river and lose tons or not hit and check fold to their bluff.