View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Online player struggling live in home game

I play mainly online and am a winning player, cashing in 78% of my last 2500 tourneys, mainly 3 to 5 table SNG, with over a 40% first place finishes. After playing live in a couple of freerolls and winning the end of year event I was invited to join a well known medium stakes monthly tournament series. Buy in is $100 and usually there are 24-36 players with all money going to top 5 finishers, a very topheavy award structure. Players start with 100000 in chips and blinds start at 250-500 and double every 45 minutes until the fourth level, then every thirty minutes.

With the online success I thought I would pwn these part time players and have not had any success at all. Final tabled a couple of times but after 8 attempts not once in the money.

Has anyone here had a similar experience? If so what ajustments would you make to your game with this structure? I play it the same as I would online, very tight early and picking up the pace around the fourth or fifth level loosening up and stealing blinds etc... The problem I think is these players are very tight and differ greatly from the online players I play regularely and I have a really tough time getting max value out of my big hands and spew too much late with marginal hands.

How would you ajust?