View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Fall \'07 Movie Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Michael Clayton was cool. It was pretty funny how he has this reputation as being a super efficient guy who fixes anything, yet he never seems to actually do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that in a nutshell is why he was slowly losing it in the film until he finally got some clarity towards the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point CDS. Just saw it, really enjoyed it. 8.5/10 for me. I really don't think Clooney is a "great" actor but he is very good at giving an understated, slightly modulated performance, perfect for this role. Tom Wilkinson and Tilda Swinton were both stellar, imo.

I enjoyed how they took a relatively simple story and just executed the [censored] out of it. Excellent pacing, good storytelling wrt the way we were introduced to characters and plot elements, strong but subtle character development... it felt *real* for lack of a better word.

Curious as to what others think - I think I was drawn in to the story because the backdrop (corporate America) is something I'm all too familiar with, and I feel like they nailed it (especially Swinton's character, the not ready 2nd who gets pushed into a leadership role and flails).

-Al