View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Strategy for Freeroll\'s ?

I will actually say that Bodog's freerolls are pretty good. They have reasonable guaranteed prize pools where the buy-ins are zero but the rebuys are what cost you. Like up to 5000 people can sign up, but the top 100 get paid something and the final table pay is actually reasonable (1st gets well over $200, for the $1K guaranteed).

But anyhow, while you might pick up some bad habits, if you are a thinking player, you should be able to get out of them relatively quickly. I play up to the $50nl games on my primary site and I am a pretty decent winner there and I have two up and coming bankrolls developed for free from both Full Tilt and Stars (on Tilt I have gone from zero to about $500 and I recently won $2.00 on Stars and have run it to $44 so far, all on the smallest games possible, $2.25 SnGs and .05/.10 cash-games on Tilt and .01/.02 on Stars). I am not certain I would recommend it (but it certainly can be done) if for no other reason than it does become somewhat tedious to try and win freeroll money all the time. In fact, I had pretty much given up on both sites when I made some amazing finishes in their freerolls to give me a bankroll (3rd in HORSE, 2nd in Razz, a coulple NL Final Tables, and a several more money finishes in PL Omaha). Even then, I almost went busto a couple of times before running my bankroll up to its current level.

Yeah, I actually made the deposit on my primary site, no freerolls.