View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Where to find pros in LV?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Robert is supposed to be the best in Tunica but I haven't played him yet (his wife tells me he is the best, good enough for me since there seems to be no evidence otherwise - Kate is very cool).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Doc Jennings would qualify as the best triple draw player in Tunica. Back in 2004 Robert Williamson was telling a story about how they change the procedure at Bellagio to accomodate him when he plays there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard procedure is push. If the player wants their cards tossed the Bellagio will accommodate however the player must play any exposed non-wheel cards as well as wheel cards at that point. Johny Chan also asks for this adjustment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to mention what we were discussing as it deserves its own thread (which we have done before). but it really surprises me that the Bellagio default is to slide. Back when I dealt the standard in live games (top section dealers) was to pitch and the standard in tournaments (bottom section/less experienced dealers and players) was to slide. I prefer the cards be pitched as it moves the game better and I think they are less likely to be exposed, and it is harder for a dealer to deal a second (well harder to get away with it).

[/ QUOTE ]

RR - slide is the default because it removes the problem of exposed cards. When a wheel card is exposed the player must keep the card. WSOP has the same policy and also when I played in the Binions 2-7 tournament this past summer they had to slide as well (I know because we got a ruling at my table). Give the B a call or send Fishead a PM to discuss further perhaps?