View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Urgent Technical Help Needed.

Hi Everyone,

Ever since I moved to China a week back, my connection to all the major sites have been horrid. I can remember posting blinds for half my buyin without getting to play a single hand. You name it, I tried it, FT, Stars, Cryto, Prima, UB. I just get disconnected everytime. I emailed support and they are unable to come out with a good answer.

The strange thing here is, I get to surf the web as per normal. I tried reinstalling the softwares yet it still happens. Stars was saying that I suffer from massive packet losses and a extremely high ping rate.

Can someone tell me what to do? I can't play at all yet surfing the web is a breeze. However, when I try to surf sites like www.pokerstars.com, I simply cannot access the site. I believe that is because the site is banned in China. So I decided to use a proxy server and I can access pokerstar's website then. However, the proxy server cannot help me in my playing as I believe my ip is not masked when I try to login to all the poker softwares, therefore, proxy servers does not help at all.

I heard from some members that using a VPN will do the trick, can anyone advise me?

Thank you in advance.