View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: NL-25: #-bet light meets resistance

Yes varying your play is good but doing it from the SB is -EV, especially at microstakes where there is very little (probably none) metagame going on. It would be better to vary your play from the button or something because I doubt that your opponents will think that you are unpredictable because you raised from the SB.

However, I really do not know how to properly play post-flop in this position because I wouldn't ever let myself get in this spot with such a weak hand. My first instinct is to not let the pot get large and the best way to do this is probably to check-fold after the flop hits me pretty light. If it goes check-check on the flop, I would still probably give up the hand. Bloating the pot in this situation is the worst.

But like I said, someone else would be better at explaining what to do post-flop in this position because I have very little experience in this type of situation because it's hard.

Edited to add: I recommend that you switch to FR because right now you're preflop and postflop game isn't looking to sharp. Just keep posting hands on here and when you feel you really comfortable game and have proven a winner over a large sample of hands, then you can move to 6max. FR is just much easier for beginners. No offense.