View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: .25/.50 Am I misapplying SSHE here?

You've asked a couple of things:

[ QUOTE ]
boz any suggestions on what I should be reading instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's take the easier one, first. It's not really a question of reading something instead, you just have to adjust the SSHE recs. For instance, throw the "loose" preflop chart away. There are no online games > .05/.10 that are consistently loose enough to play that way preflop. Give a little more credit to strong moves like turn c/r's; players just aren't bluffing you online, or retardedly c/r'ing with 2nd/3rd pair. Hang around here, you'll start to see the needed adjustments.

[ QUOTE ]
What I don't get is the raise as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a two part answer. First time around, you're raising as a semi-bluff; you don't mind taking it down, now, and you've got plenty of outs if you do get called. As I said above, a turn raise is pretty widely seen to scream "monster" in a way that a flop raise doesn't, and you're facing the field with two bets cold. That one is really optional, especially in a big pot at a aggro-ish table, where nobody's folding anyway.

The second time around, you're raising for value. Basically, you've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 outs, giving you around a 33% chance of hitting with one card to come and 46 unseen, and you "know" you've got 3 opponents, so you're only putting in 25% of the money. If you make this play every time, you can see that you can't help but make money.

Edit: To Aussie: I agree about preflop. My response was mostly a response to the first two replies which focused primarily on pf.