View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see 1 table step 6 maybe something like this.

1st - 12000 PCA
2nd - 2100 step 6 ticket
3rd - 2100 step 6 ticket
4th - 700 step 5 ticket
5th - 215 step 4 ticket + $25
6th-9th 215 step 4 ticket

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's another vote for 1-table Step 6's with a single package and a flatter payout that includes re-entries into Step 6 and 5.

I'm currently sitting on a Step 6 ticket, but Jeff if you're still monitoring this thread, perhaps you could chime in as to whether you think the above scenario is even a possibility b/c if it were, then I'd wait to use it so I could play in it instead of the 3-prize 2-table Step 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an excellent chance that a one-table, 9-player Step "6A" will be added, awarding one PCA seat and "replays" in steps 5 or six to lower finishers.

That is not to say it is a certainty... but I'm told it may happen, and may happen soon.

Also, Poker Room Management has decided that unused tickets will definitely roll over to WSOP tickets for similar Steps, to begin after the conclusion of the PCA promotion. There may be a several week period when there are no Steps running (i.e. WSOP Steps might not start until March or so) so players are encouraged to use up all tickets in the PCA promotion -- if you don't, they won't be converted to cash and you'll have to wait for the WSOP steps.

If you're between 18 and 21 (i.e. ineligible to play in the WSOP), you'll likely *not* get a more direct cash or W$ conversion. You'll play for your WSOP seat and, if you win it, it'll be held until you're 21.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, am I correct that because winners of multiple prize packages are allowed to basically just accumulate as many trip packages as they can, but take them in the form of $W...

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

[ QUOTE ]
...and that there's a lot of high-stakes SNG pros that just buy-in directly to the $2,100 Step 6, and feast on the fishier players that bought in low and worked their way up? If so, perhaps some people would like some Steps tables that can ONLY be bought into with tickets won from the step just below.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our tournament director reads this forum, so I'll leave it to him to see this. Personally, I doubt it will happen as offering FOUR choices instead of two at the top would cause the Step 6's to go far less often... and based upon the Step 6 events that have run thus far, there doesn't seem to be as much cherry picking as you might think (i.e. there are more ticket winners entering than you'd guess).

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security