View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: .25/.50 Am I misapplying SSHE here?

[ QUOTE ]
boz any suggestions on what I should be reading instead? back when I started SSHE was what everyone recommended, but I can see how the landscape has changed in ways that make it somewhat outdated (though still very good), but is there anything out there as good as SSHE but for the current types of online micro limit games?

[/ QUOTE ]

SSHE is always going to be a good read. I would also read Winning Low Limit Hold Em 3rd Ed (Lee Jones). Its an easy enjoyable read and takes you through a lot of basic hand situations.

Winning Internet Texas Hold Em (Mathew Hilger) is also very good. It is very thorough with different hand situations and a little more detailed than WLLHE.

For the hand, your reasons for limping pf were fine. (I would have folded, but that is neither here nor there).

I agree that the flop was a raise. The flop better may have been betting a draw, and you did not want to let overcards draw cheaply if you had the best hand. You also had a lot of outs if behind.

As played, I would not have raised the turn. You were still drawing and I think that you would have to discount your outs for pairing your T as that could have made one of your 2 opponents a straight.

You would need at least 15 good outs for a turn bet/raise to be + EV against 2 opponents that both called, and I dont think that you had that many.