Thread: Overplaying KK?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Overplaying KK?

[ QUOTE ]

Since the call is about 6% of the effective stack size, and the initial raise was from a relatively early position hence will be a strong hand on the flop more frequently, it looks like it is a close call to me. I think it might be right due to the chance to win against missed overcards, not set value alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I think it wouldn't have made a difference in this particular situation, would that make it correct for me to raise 4bb instead of 3bb?
I know you kinda answer that in a later post, but I figure that perhaps then a 4bb is more appropriate in early rounds? I guess I would have to keep that amount for other hands as well as to not give free information?

[ QUOTE ]

In tournaments, doubling up doesn't double your expected prize. That also decreases the potential reward relative to the amount risked by calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder, doesn't doubling up early on double your chances of winning? I remember reading some Raymer posts about that, but in a different context (close races with a slight edge in your favor). Even if the prize doesn't actually double as well, wouldn't the cost of calling with 22 with the hopes of stacking villain (which in this case would be me) make it worthy? Or is that an unrelated issue?