View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: High Draw Only on the Flop, $10 HU

[ QUOTE ]

However, my first impulse is to assign least a 48% chance that V has the diamonds for a semi-bluff, so you would need to proceed with caution if a diamon hits and he checks to you. Possibly you should pound the turn on any diamond or any of your true winners, if checked to. If V comes back over the top, you've still got enough chips to soldier on after folding..

[/ QUOTE ]

I’d be interested to know how you came up with a least a 48% chance that he has diamonds.

[ QUOTE ]
In case V is semi-bluffing, some kind of reraise might be appropriate here. Since this is HU, a full repot may not be necessary. I think that if you flat call here, V will pound any low turn, but V may slow down on a diamond if he has none.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you consider the stack sizes before writing this?

OP: The stack sizes are kinda of awkward to play poker since making a pot size reraise on the flop will commit you and villain. I don’t think just calling here is correct. I can’t see to many hands that would raise preflop OOP that have me crushed. In fact I think the worst you can be here is a 3 to 1 dog. I also think you may have some FE so I’d Reraise his flop bet and call if he pushes.