View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Emotional Affairs

[ QUOTE ]
Before I got married, I had sex with many women and flirted with many more. Some became friends, some became lovers, some became nothing. Usually, if I was attracted to the woman, I was trying to get her into bed.

Now I'm married and I don't have sex with other women and I don't flirt with other women. I have some women friends, but I only see them when it's "all 4 of us," i.e., including my wife and her husband. I avoid these kinds of situations because my wife doesn't / wouldn't like it. She gets jealous even though she trusts me, and I don't want to hurt her feelings, even though I miss those interactions with other women.

[/ QUOTE ]

But does your wife not flirt with other men? As a man you are in a position where to start some sort of a relationship with a woman you need to be the aggressor. Therefore you can avoid flirting more easily because you can simply limit interactions with other females.

Women on the other hand get hit on by guys all the time. Thus the odds significantly increase of a woman being able to form some sort of close bond with a man just due to the sheer number of them trying to gain her attention.

Just think about if everyday several women were hitting on you. While you might be likely to reject advances from most of them, what would happened if eventually you found one of these women to be rather captivating? This is an issue most women face and I think makes it more difficult for a woman not to cheat.

I think like yourself if I do get married I could stop flirting with women, but I also know I won't have women throwing themselves at me everyday. If somehow this did occur I can say it would be really hard for me not to stray.