View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: homeless person encounter

There are 2 main routes that I used, although there are numerous others.

The first was just to find the bussiest area of a city, at night, if you walk for a while you will find other homeless people, and they will know all the scheduled (And non scheduled) places where you are welcome to eat for free. There are numerous soup kitchens etc, and so long as you look scruffy enough you will be told where they are. Please remenber though that I never said it was easy, I just said you wouldn't starve.

The other way I did it allot was very simple, if illegal. It required that you looked either fairly tidy, or that you were employed. If you wear steel toe capped boots eg, you can look scruffy AND employed if it is ~1pm or 5pm walking into a superstore. (Lunchbreak and after work) Simply grab a trolley and fill it like you would if you were a real shopper, once it is 1/2 full, carry on walking round filling it, but be munching on stuff from the deli, or pies as you go. When you are full, simply leave the trolley and walk out. This is clearly unethical, but we are not talking about that.

I suppose that option 2 is the 'easiest' to ask you question. I could go on forever about what you need to look out for, or other methods of attaining food, like fishing/trapping, and raiding vegetable patches etc.....