View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 04:09 PM

Default 50NL: Like my stack a donk on drawy board?

I've been getting great cards on the table so I have a very wild image. Villain is a pretty bad player and I am convinced that he wants to take a stand (that's what I remember now. I don't know exactly what he had done that I thought that. But I was pretty sure).
His stack size makes it inavoidable to get it all-in if he has a hand that he wants to felt. I don't want to overbet push and I don't want to pay off when a draw comes in. So I decide to stack-a-donk which I think will be pretty successfull because of my assumption that he is taking a stand and therefore is pretty likely to have a sub-par hand and bet the turn in any case. In hindsight I realize the drawiness of the board, but I can't really imagine that the turn card has helped him. I actually think that the drawiness will make it more probable that he will stack off with a draw. So I decide to risk giving a free card. If he had taken it, I would have known pretty sure that he was on a draw or had a mediocre hand that wouldn't have payed off anyway. So what's your line? 3bet the flop? Lead turn? C/C turn? What does his bet sizing make you think? Tarp or weakness?

Villain was running 30/5/2.2 over a tiny 20 hands sample, fwiw.

Carlos Poker 0.25/0.50, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | <font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button Button ($40.65)
SB ($40.20)
BB ($45.55)
UTG ($63.08)
UTG+1 <font color="#C00000">Hero ($76.70)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
1 fold, Hero raises to 1.75, Button calls 1.75, 2 folds.

Flop (4.25) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets 2.75, Button raises to 8.00, Hero calls 5.25.

Turn (20.25) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Button bets 8.00, Hero moves all-in for 66.95