View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: homeless person encounter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Standard? No!

But more interestingly is what are you trying to say with your post, and many answers to it, btw? That homeless should not attempt to have a balanced, or suitable, diet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just kinda taken aback that I come out of grocery store with like 5 bags of groceries, homeless older woman asks for money to get something to eat, I offer her something to eat, and she refuses and rides off before I can even offer her something else.

I mean if she was really hungry I had like a 2 pound bag of raisins that were on sale, she could have had that, and they would have kept too, not gone bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so when I made my first reply, there was some doubt as to wether OP had forgotten some of the detail that would have made the other person reasonable in her claim of intollerance. This post just vindicates my original thoughts.

In addition, to what others have added. a couple of people have said about food being easy to come accross. FACT.

I have rolled into many cities in Europe with nothing. Nothing. No food, money or place to stay. Not allways as what most people would describe as a 'homeless' person, although I usually was. I allways had/found work, and paid my way, but people would often ask how I could live that way. my reply was always the same.

"A young, physically and mentally healthy person, with any common sense at all will never die of starvation or hyporthermia in a 1st world city."

(Obviously freak accidents etc are an exception...)