View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: 5-handed in a FTP $5

[ QUOTE ]
My feeling is that OP's read (that the villain has been pushing people out of pots) is more influential in my decision-making than the possibilities you listed.

In a HU pot, especially when I'm up against the BB who could have ATC, I'm never worried about him having a flush or two pair. I know it's possible, but it's just way too unlikely for me to play as if they're a strong possibility. Sets and pairs higher than JJ are also very unlikely here as any pf pair would likely have raised given his aggressiveness and stack. Two overcards are also unlikely here, as BB would probably be raising over your limp with KQ, AQ+.

I think it's more likely that he either paired the board (lower than J, hopefully) or has a flush draw. Either way, I'm playing this aggressively and hoping for action.

So I'm obviously happy with hitting top pair and there's no way I'm giving a free turn card.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt...point taken with a firm read...course all that point to reshoving all in on flop...calling makes no sense as we are unlikely to improve...call of the CR is a little odd but I guess irrelevant cause we are both commited at that point...if another heart comes out I guess we could maybe fold