View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Dealer vs. Floor over a ruling

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I wrong, but I thought that... only a full bet reopened the betting even in a limit game. Perhaps that is the rule in this club?

[/ QUOTE ]From Robert's Rules:
In limit play, an all-in wager of less than half a bet does not reopen the betting for any player who has already acted and is in the pot for all previous bets. A player facing less than half a bet may fold, call, or complete the wager. An all-in wager of a half a bet or more is treated as a full bet, and a player may fold, call, or make a full raise.

This is how I've always seen it handled at Commerce, though it sounds like you were playing at Hustler(?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't playing anywhere. You conveniently edited out the part of my post that said another poster had stated this was the rule in the club he dealt in. (I might have been wrong about that)

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry. I was addressing Joker, but quoting your post to agree with it.

Edit: To clarify--My understanding is if you're the BB and check, then CO bets 30 all-in and Button calls, then you can only call. But if you check, CO bets 30 all-in and button raises to 80, then you can re-raise to 130.