View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Most over-rated poker book of all time?

TJ Cloutier and Tom McEvoy's championship nl and pl book is one of my favorites, though not that I play like that from most parts but it helps with full ring play.

The most overrated book is the chiaffone and reuben pl and nl poker book, that's like an introduction, and have some pages on nl and pl holdem play if that's what one is interested about, and it has nothing to add to better known newere books, and chiaffone was about to come out with his new book but lost it as his hardware got killed and he had no safety copies (not sure if that's the case as it's rather stupid as i would automatically safety copy on cd's dvd's anything important).

So, I think these are two books where the first is one of the most underrated books and the latter one of the overrated books. Though not that I think the first one is great and the second one is garbage. But at least one thing is sure that no-one can follow anyone's recommendation to get those books or not to get, though I would for sure say not to get the c&r book but many others will say just the opposite and say the c&m book is garbage.

If one wants garbage one could try the other books of c/m that I have some and have never had any use of them, and actually haven't even completely read them, much less study them as they have nothing worth it to study but are saying like you can't play AQTx type of a hand especially if it's not suited; so one learns that it being suited is important. Nothing of that is of course of any use when playing shorthanded, or when the first players have folded.