View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Most over-rated poker book of all time?

Little green book" by Phil Gordon still has its place and is worth the money, though not that I view it so much as a tournament book other than maybe for the rounds where the games have loosened up somewhat, but I view it more from the cash game view and being myself a shorthanded player (limit and nl) it fits better to my style, and it has some good tips. Nl can be played in so many ways compared to limit, so it's not for everyone, and for flop play it's rather basic (as is his preflop strategy, but that is just a basic book, something like ss2's limit holdem chapter that though has a top level preflop strategy, with more advanced things missing though) as one should have a great flop strategy, but it does put things on position and being the aggressor or not being the aggressor (and bet sizes, though not that I agree with anything in it and won't play accordingly as it all depends of the opponent and the flop type), so that together with his open-raise or fold preflop strategy makes it support the views that a limit holdem and a shorthanded nl holdem player could actually play like that.