View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Emotional Affairs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This whole thread is so delusional. You think this is an intellectual discussion. Its not intellectual, b/c its not intellect that drives this behaviour. Its our emotional and physical needs.
The engineer who cooked for you, the one you can't tell your partner how you felt about him -you think that's OK?

Sounds like this thread is an attempt to assuage your guilty conscience.

.... This is only the most shallow level of human interaction where our romantic partner is only a egoic projection of who we want someone to be - not a real person.
The emotional energy you could of put into yourself or your "committed" relationship was lost in this form of relationship masturbation.

And while I think defintions may vary, the litmus test of inappropriate is - would you have behaved differently had your partner been there? Any relationship that you can't tell your partner about necessarily falls into this category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down duckman. How can the whole thread be delusional? We have different people saying completely opposite things! If I'm the one who's delusional well that I can accept. But you can't have me and tarheel and Cobretti all being delusional at the same time. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] It's just not possible. One of us has to be right and I'm sure it's one of them.

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like this thread is an attempt to assuage your guilty conscience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have entertained this possibility. I will not deny it.

As for whether it's an intellectual discussion I can't argue with you about that. It's a forum and we are just saying what we think. I'll take your word for it that it's not intellectual and by that I assume you mean it's stupid. I was just wondering whether the majority of lounge viewers thought there was such a thing as an "emotional affair". I think it's pop psychology nonsense myself. Either you're in an affair or you're not or maybe you're moving towards one but in any case i don't believe in the concept of an emotional affair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate your response and I think there is value in this discussion.

Best
Duckman