View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: NL 200: Value with AA

[ QUOTE ]
But if you raise all in on turn, his 44 would not call. This is like leaving money on the table! Is it okay to mix it up and play tricky sometimes to extract maximum value on river?

[ QUOTE ]
NLHE is NOT about tricking people by horribly misplaying your hand. Your object should not be to extract maximum value from the worst end of villains range.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
But if you raise all in on turn, his 44 would not call. This is like leaving money on the table!

[/ QUOTE ] I...I just cant tell if im getting leveled!! Oh, it burns. (playing along here) villain is not checkraising a large continuation bet on the flop with a pair under second pair. Assuming that he had done that, he would not continue putting chips into the pot on the turn. Assuming he had put chips into the pot on the turn HE WOULDNT CALL A RAISE ON THE RIVER WITH HIS TINY PAIR.

I generally hate it when people question someones right to post on a topic by asking what stakes they play at (the implication being that if you play at small stakes youre unfit to comment on anything that happens higher) but I seriously have to ask what kind of games youre playing in that you think that this hand is in his villains range, and you think that this is how to maximize.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it okay to mix it up and play tricky sometimes to extract maximum value on river?

[/ QUOTE ] The goal is to extract maximum value VERSUS VILLAINS RANGE (protecting your hand and not letting him draw cheap is another worthy goal). You do that by getting as much money into the pot as possible.

The goal isnt to hold his hand and skip merrily along a garden path towards value town. You gotta tie him to the back bumper of your car and drag him there driving as fast as possible. Yeah, sometimes the ropes will break and youll lose him, but you generally get him a lot closer to the destination.

Theres a good section in NLHT&P on maximizing expectation, you may want to look into that.