View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 08:41 AM

Default 25nl: calling c-bets with low pocketpairs

I often just fold them when I don't hit a set, even when I flop a low overpair and am facing action. So, I think I need to work on that. Calling flopbets more often to pick up pots from opps with just missed overs. This might also conceal my flopped sets a bit better.

I think I'll start out trying this float-type-thingy following these guidelines:

- I want to be in position on the PFR
- I'm looking for low raggy flops and preferably an opp. I have a read on.
- Fold to more action on the turn (?), bet when checked to

This will lead to something like the following hand:

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.125/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $24.35
UTG+1: $25.95
MP1: $24.35
Hero: $26.30
CO: $44.60
Button: $26.65
SB: $4.95
BB: $10.90

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $1</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.13, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.13, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $2.5</font>, Hero folds.

This one felt a little bit too weak, but I don't know...

Will this be a profitable thing to try to implement, allthough I lose more when someone fires a second barrel? Is it at al necesary to try this out? If so, would this be the way do it or am I missing something important (should I be more agressive and therefore be looking to raise as opposed to calling for example)?

Maybe a bit difficult to answer these questions because of the broad subject, but I'm looking forward to any input.