View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Basic Question - High Ante\'s No Fold\'em 7Stud

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's something that concerned me. Though now reading SS1 Chip Reese describes 20% ...

[/ QUOTE ]

What concerns me, is how Reese says 5T5 is a hand that should at least be called with, if not raised. And then at least called with till 5'th street where bets get expensive. In one of the games, I was getting to see 6th or 7th frequently just for 1 small bet on 3rd or 4th.

And then there is the 2+2 manual, where you are instructed to just throw away this hand from the get-go.

Well, since I'm paying up to 25% the SB just for ante, I figure I'll play the 5T5 hands because I simply cant sit there and ante myself to death. Besides, i've noticed those players playing almost EVERY hand in these structures, seem to be penalized very little for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a case of playing a speculative hand, where you'll see 4th (may be even 5th) cheap. If the 5's & T's are live, and you'll know where you are and are good enough to fold in a bad spot against 2 good draws, then you'll probably turn a small profit on it, against the random hands held by opponents. In one game, I frequently got to see 6th or 7th, just for cost of FBI and 1 SB on 4th.

Another table my opponents were re-raising and 3 betting on 4th with absolute filth. Against 1 short stack I had QA2 FBI, and made A's on 4th. The short stack who I set AI on 5th (other dude folded after 4 betting of 4th) had something really pretty like 863Q; obviously good for all his money; and that was after blowing a previous BI on 883 v KKA.

In that situation, I don't think you can be stubborn with a p 5's T kicker, unless you catch good on 4th; even if it is the 'best' hand now, it generally won't be on 7th v 2 players (and it may be 2nd best already).

Been much better discussion than I expected, thanks, and especially thank you for anyone who spots errors.