View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: homeless person encounter

[ QUOTE ]
ok no. Everyone in this thread is wrong. Homeless people that know how to be homeless don't really have trouble getting food. If you offer them something they don't want, then they might think "nah, I will just eat something better later"

Now, there are exceptions to this. Namely, some homeless people are bad at being homeless. What I mean by this is that there are some areas which are better to live in if you are homeless, yet some homeless people will still live in bad areas.

I knew a lot of homeless people because I used to be a squatter. Many of them would live in one Los Angeles for the winter, but when the weather got better, they would go back to san francisco or somewhere else. Others would just stay in LA the whole time. Location selection is crucial for homeless people. Those who have trouble getting food are noobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The homeless in Anchorage Alaska tended to freeze to death in the winter months because they were insane. Walmart helped these insane people out by providing them a safe haven to beg as well as a means to use their money to buy things from Walmart and then return them with no questions asked. The homeless that I tried to help in Anchorage always had many boxes of Walmart products in their apartments. This helped them tremendously when it came to survival.

edit - I should mention, that these "apartments" may be provided to some of the homeless by charity. Most of the homeless lived in the parks.