View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: A visual representation of FGators dollars (serious theory post)

[ QUOTE ]
Not to spoil the fun but the original picture is a tad bit wrong... First off, the "perfect" T/LAG player's money made from coolers is obv going to be more than the money other people make from coolers, because they are going to be able to get their opponents in more situations where it becomes a "cooler" (example: the "perfect" player 3 bets / 4 bets some guy relentlessly for past 30 mins, and the guy wakes up with 99 and after 3 betting he gets 4 bet again, but this time "perfect" player has AA. "Perfect" player obv created this cooler for himself, while 99 would be a pretty ez laydown to most players).

And greg1osu's red bar should be in the negative. That guy couldn't be tighter...

Thats all

[/ QUOTE ]

A "cooler" isn't what he really means. It's just a situation where all the money was going to go in regardless of how either player decided to play the hand.

That is, if you have AA, and I have KK, our history is irrelevant, it's going in. If we both flop sets, same. If you flop a big draw and I have two pair, same. If you flop a set and I have AK on an A79 flop in a 3-bet pot, who the [censored] cares what the history is, all the money's going in.

"Coolers" are those hands where it just doesn't matter what the hell the history was. And as Clayton pointed out, the only player who has less of these is the Fish, because he's more likely to play tricky/trappy/slow with big hands, so if I have AK on a A87 board vs. his 88, we might not get all in, just because he'll slow play it and sometimes it'll go turn 9, river T, and he'll be scared and I'll be scared and the river checks down and then it's lolzville. I'm sure you've seen the $20 pots that get shipped when 2 fish flop sets and check it to the river, for example.