View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Emotional Affairs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now, in your world, this girl made some conscious choice to treat her boyfriend like crap and to engage with another man while he sat outside. But, I highly doubt it ever even crossed her mind. I sparked attraction and it was simply "on".

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe she was a bit drunk and feeling really amorous. That's the only thing I can think of. My rational mind can be bypassed by my emotional horny side if I'm drunk and then I do things I would never dream of doing sober. (this is why I don't do shots in public anymore [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Or maybe it had been a long time since a good looking guy had ogled her so openly and she was digging it and perhaps the guy she was with wasn't even her boyfriend so she followed you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone's rational mind can be bypassed even when sober. I think that was the point Cobretti was trying to make in his example. However in his example the girl was more of a whore than anything else.

I think a better example of loss of rational thought would be the emotional friend attempting a kiss. I just finished reading this thread and remember you saying Katy if an emotional friend kissed you that you would tell the person to back-off. However, if you were very attracted to this individual and the time came when he kissed you, can you say for certain you would push him away? I think most of us say we will, however saying something and doing something are two different things. I believe most people do not want to cheat on their spouse, but its situations like the one I outlined that causes individuals to cheat. Attraction can make our rational thought process disappear. Also, I am not saying everyone will cheat, but I am saying temptation is a powerful force that should never be underestimated.