View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Does selfishness ever bother you?

lucksack -

Yes. Selfishness bothers me. I've seen a lot of it and so I sort of get where you're coming from. In the past few years I've been lucky to meet some great people who have renewed my faith. Prior to this, however, I was pretty down on people in general. I have known a lot of selfish and mean individuals - parents who abandon their kids, boyfriends who cheat because they aren't happy, coworkers who back stab you to get ahead. Anyway, I try to look at the positive side of things now instead of dwelling on how crappy people can be.

Not sure I agree with you about parents who push their kids to pursue a specific profession. That's kind of complex isn't it? They want their kid to be successful and not have to struggle so that they don't have to worry. A lot of parents are concerned that their kids will make a mistake and choose a stupid major in college. They want to make sure the kid studies something that will pay off in the end. Well ok, in a way that is selfish, but in another way it's understandable.