View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: The Office Season 4 Ep 3

Wow, where to begin...

So I've been a pretty huge Office fan since the show aired in England and thought that Season 2 was the beast season of any comedy show ever produced. Season 3 was good, but not great; there was too much romance in every episode, in addition to the fact that Michael turned into a depressing, condescending character.

I've been busy the past couple of weeks and was finally able to watch my first episode of Season 4 tonight. It started out great; Michael seemed to be back to normal again (hard to describe what I mean by this, but if I had to put it into one word I'd say childish). By the 2nd half hour, though, things got really bad. The pizza scene was absolutely DREADFUL and Michael turned back into being a depressing & just overall annoying character.

I think overall it was an okay episode (below-average compared to the first two seasons). It's great that another romance seems to be developing with Andy (who is now probably the best character in the show) and Angela...just what this show needed.

Anyway, didn't mean to rant like this, but it has always been such a good show and I don't think it's going to return to the quality it was at a couple years ago. The fact that people are saying it was the best episode of the year is scary. I watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia after it (1st time I saw it), and I must say it was so much better, the two weren't even comparable.