View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Guy plays in the wrong seat at a tourney - ruling?

I played a tournament last week at showboat. When my table started we had about 5 people, including one (guy A) who mentioned it was his first time playing ever. I didn't know if I believed him, though I do now. There were stacks at all seats, some people who were late and some house seats that were being blinded off.

During the second level, a guy (Guy B) shows up who was late, and guy A is in his seat. What happens here? The dealer told guy A in the wrong seat to move to the correct seat with his stack and gave Guy B the stack from Guy A's correct seat.

She said this all worked out correctly, though I think because of where the button was the guy who showed up late got cheated out of a blind (His stack was the button then got moved UTG, though I might be wrong about that). Luckily the guy in the wrong seat hadn't really won or lost too many pots yet. I think if he had taken a lot of someone's chips they might have been mad since he was playing the wrong cards.

I don't know what else could have been done at that point to correct the situation, but is this the standard ruling?