View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Checking behind flops HU

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also by understanding this might get me to understand why it’s often better to bet into the pf raiser in NL rather than C/R as you do in limit HU

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get that from? If a guy is going to c-bet most flops, then C/Ring him is absolutely right when you hit a flop hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check raising when the flop hits you hard does not produce big pots, i.e. make money. By check raising the preflop raiser you just told him that you have a hand and now he has position on you to where he can just fold, thus losing money and only gaining the money from his bet.

Betting into the preflop raiser will cause the pot to become bloated, especially when the preflop raiser raises your bet. Then you end up 3-betting.

For instance the pot preflop is $100. You check, he bets $50. You check raise to $150, and now he folds. Thus gaining $50.

OR - preflop pot is $100, you bet $50 or even $75 and now he raises to say $150 or $200.

Which do you think makes more money? If the flop hits you hard, build the pot and stay away from check raising.

I think Stox check behind on this flop is because he doesnt have a hand. By checking behind it keeps the pot smaller, plus he gets a free card and can use his position on the turn or river to decide whether or not to call. In addition he might hit a card that helps him or induce bluff with your position. Stox does not need to bet on this flop since the pot is probably relatively small compared to the stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you said is true if people always folded to, and never raised, check-raises and people never folded to donk-bets.