View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: OT: the tufat23 ramble

something that i wanna add was something that i thought about from fgators, when there was a HH and he ddint want to get more than x amount of bbs in with QQ or something onsoem flop.

A long while ago I almsot made a thread: controlling the pot size for any given hand strength. this is basically the idea.

You have an X strength hand on a board, say 85 on a J85KQ board. You wanna get in x amount of bbs, and there will be an unexploitable number of xbbs that you want to get in here in teh LR based on villains range etc. But optimally it really depends on reads/stats/history, as well as how u go to the river and depending on the amount left on the river.

An exreme example is that you want to get 100bbs in everytime with AA preflop, but (100 -y)bbs in the long term with KK because if you got 100bbs in everytime it would be exploitable. This may sound strange, and i would say folding KK preflop is almost always a no-no based the fact that poker is a game of incomplete info and you're much more likely to make a huge error in folding than a very small one in stackingoff, but in the long run it would be unexploitable to not stackoff a certain % with KK preflop based on this logic.