View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: homeless person encounter

While we are on the topic, I agree with an earlier post that not all homeless people are addicts. My daughter and her friends were at a concert recently. I had to pick them up at a certain gate when the concert ended.

I got there a little early and while I was waiting I saw a guy skalking around. We struck up a coversation. He was a homeless guy but, as he explained and I deduced from other factors, he was not an addict but just enjoyed living on the streets and helping his fellow homeless people out.

He was at the concert for one main reason. Its difficult to get alcohol(drugs are easy) into concerts so there are alot of unfinished bottles hidden outside the concert in various nooks and crannies. He searches (he had about 3 bottles up to about half-full when I came across him)for these bottles
and then as he said "gives them to his homeless friends so they can have the occasional night of drinking decent booze rather than vanilla extract, mouthwash etc." Quite noble in a homeless person kind of way. He cared about his friends. Anyhow, he was a nice guy and kept me company during my wait.