View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: mandatory mental health evaluation for gun-rights supporters

[ QUOTE ]
I think it should also be pointed out that this is a private university.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Further, this kid needs a mental health evaluation and should have been suspended.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
in other words, he is beyond ready to snap. He is a racist with guns ready to snap.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, gun nuts scare me. Period.

I am a student at Hamline. I also have direct personal knowledge of Troy Scheffler's behavior. He made a big stink about his gun rights last year, even managing to get an article about himself in City Pages, a very popular free newpaper in the Twin Cities, here:

http://www.citypages.com/databank/28...ticle15402.asp

This man is severely unbalanced. His public comments in addition to the content of his emails to university administration are unnerving to say the least. He is also suspected of being the culprit behind some racist graffiti found in a residence hall last year (I kind of doubt this, but it says a lot about a guy when we hear that someone wrote something about "[censored]" in a res hall bathroom and everyone's first thought is "It's probably Troy Scheffler").

I'm glad the administration did what it did. I feel safer. Furthermore, this is a private institution and they can do pretty much whatever they damn well please. In this case, I'm really glad they don't have to worry about violating this guy's rights in order to keep him off campus. And, to go even further, I'm not even comfortable with the idea of sharing a campus with someone that feels he should be able to carry a gun around.

EDIT: This is also a ridiculous thread. We're essentially talking about a private institution that is doing something that is completely within it's rights in order to protect the student body and all others on campus to the best of their ability. If this thread even had a place it would belong in the "Crazy Bigot News and the Almost As Crazy Wingnuts That Defend Them Forum" but unfortunately no such thing exists.