View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 07:11 PM

Default What am I doing wrong?

Am I playing the wrong games for me or what?

I've been playing for like 5 years, 95% of it online...had some good runs, my best run was turning $22 into over $13,000 with a mix of getting 2nd in an MTT on Full Tilt, then going to the cash games and going into the highest games I can afford until I got to a table with some guy named Barny Boatman (I think it was $25/50 but dont remember), and then bluffing off most of my chips.

I feel like cash games is where I always lose money, and I can play solid poker for a few hours before I get bored. I definitely don't want to be a pro or play for a living, but I love the competitive aspect of tournaments and the bragging rights of winning, which cash games don't provide.

Yet, I started playing live, and I don't feel the urge of playing online anymore. I play live $1/2 NL, and I feel like I constantly get bad luck. I play solid for a good amount of time, then end up flopping a set of kings when another player flops a set of aces. Exciting for like 10 seconds with the chance of hitting the bad beat jackpot, but then when I miss I realize I lost my whole buyin.

It's frustrating because I know I excel at tournament poker, at least live especially, but go broke in cash games, yet I keep going back because of "that one time" where I turned my tournament winnings into a [censored] of money playing cash games.

Does anyone play strictly live tournaments and make a good amount of money that way? I feel like a degenerate addict, which I probably am, because I always win and it's only a matter of time before I lose it all back.

I noticed the most steady money I make is in live sit and go's. I've gone on rushes where I win 10 in a row, and while I might go on a little downswing, I feel like I win a lot of these, and do good in multi's. So why can't I just stick to these sit and go's?

Any live sit and go pros out there?