View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Straight flush mucked at 200nl Foxwoods?

[ QUOTE ]
RESULTS of OP......

2 floor mangers decide that because the 35h which Villain held did not TOUCH the pile of mucked cards, the hand was live. Mouth muppet was reminded of the 1 player per hand rule and allowed to continue playing, Villain never said another word until Hero (myself) left the table after verbally tearing the muppet and the floor, a new [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless of the fairness of what happened, I think you lost sight of the big picture. You could easily have been thrown out or banned.
[ QUOTE ]

This was about a year ago, and I still fume when thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you posted this experience in this forum to get feedback and improve your game and yourself - this would be a place to start. I agreed with you that the decision was wrong. But you are only hurting yourself and your game by holding resentments like this.

It also could point to a huge leak in your game. I would guess that you go on serious tilt when things don't go your way at the table. If that is true, you might want to try working on letting things go. Take the action and let go of the result. Get your money in good and accept bad beats. Its all part of the game.

Foxwoods Floors are notorious for making bad and inconsistent decisions. And while I think they didn't interpret the players actions correctly what you have to understand is that a Floor will be very very reluctant to award a pot to a hand that was not the best hand. It is the equivalent of a judge letting a guilty guy off on a technicality. Rarely happens.

Also, it is impressive that the Floor convened to discuss this. It means that you received consideration. And that the decision was not a slam dunk.

The pot you lost was relatively small compared to a lifetime of poker pots. The lessons you could take away from it could help you win far more. And can be applied to the rest of your life as well.